The Fine Print
- Phenomenon 2022 (“Pheno 2022”) is a games convention (“Con”) in Canberra hosted by Phenomenon Labs. It will happen on 30 September to 3 October 2022 at Daramalan College, Dickson, ACT.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden on Daramalan College grounds. Please take it outside the fence. Or consider quitting. Just sayin'.
- Alcohol and illicit drugs of any kind are also strictly forbidden on the convention site.
- No weapons of any kind, real or otherwise, are permitted on the convention site except as legitimate game props. Please check with a convention organiser beforehand if you wish to bring a weapon-like object for use as a prop to the convention. If you can kill people with your brain there's probably not a lot we can do to stop you but try to keep yourself under control.
Wear your Convention badge
Please wear your convention badge where it is easily visible to sleep-deprived organisers while you are on the Con site. This is a condition of our public liability insurance policy and not just an excuse for organisers to hassle you. If you lose your badge you can get a new one at the front desk for a small fee, or a large fee because generosity is cool.
- Random acts of kindness are also very cool.
The Definitely Written Rule
Phenomenon does not discriminate against any group, creed, ethos, sexuality, gender, pronoun, or species. We ask that you do as you would be done by at Pheno.
Convention registration will be held on Friday 30 September from 6pm at Daramalan College. There will be some signs up to help you navigate the college. Please do not enter the school before registration opens at 6pm on the Friday. This is a working school where school children will still be on site, and being interviewed by the police often offends.
The purpose of Registration is for you to collect your convention badge and list of entered games, and resolve any issues with your entry. You can also meet the game writers and collect (any available) extra game/event information from them (if you pre-registered online), or register for games in person. Often for freeforms, you will also be able to choose your character.
If you are registering in person (or picking up extra games to fill in those spare sessions—there are traditional bragging rights about playing every session) you will need to negotiate directly with the game writers, and is at their discretion. The writers' decisions are final.
It is much easier on the organisers and writers when you register for the convention before it starts, so please try to get your online registration in before the Con. Not to mention, it also prevents your disappointment when your chosen game is full up from pre-registrations.
Everyone attending Phenomenon must register, either online before the Con, or at the Front Desk during it. You can enter as an individual or as part of a team. Where possible, please submit team entries together.
There are eleven (11) sessions available at the convention. To help us schedule you, please select in the entry form any times you are unavailable to play.
Pheno's mysterious Luggage Sorter and Fun Schedulizer will schedule your games before the Con, and before you can blink, generally. Entries received before registration closes at (18 September) will be pre-scheduled; registering for games at the convention is possible by agreement with the game writers.
Here is the Schedule for session and meal times.
- Each game/event session costs $7 (to a maximum of $70 for the entire Con!) per person.
- There is no banquet this year
- Refunds for player cancellations notified on or before midnight, Sunday 18 September will be the full amount minus a $5 administrative fee.
- If you have to cancel due to illness or changes to
state/territory COVID-19 guidelines, we will offer a full refund of fees for any
missed sessions. Please lodge your request for any refund by 17 October. If you fall ill please let us know ASAP so we won't need to cancel games.
- After 17 October, refunds will only be given in exceptional
circumstances, at the organisers' discretion.
- If an event is cancelled by the writer or organisers, players will
have the option of choosing another game or obtaining a full refund of
the fee paid for that event.